· Have a strong network of partnered organizations to address the immediate needs of vulnerable populations in Carlsbad
· Work on sustainable low-income housing with city government
· Regular engagement with the local community about issues that arise and provide/organize solutions
· Ensure that the disabled population’s needs are known and met
· Partner with local schools to bring awareness about social justice issues to all grade levels (curriculum, workshops, videos, presentations, etc.)
· Work with local high schools to do community outreach, protests, public forums to raise awareness of current local, state, and national issues
· Work with Carlsbad PD's Homeless Outreach Team (HOT) to improve conditions of the homeless in Carlsbad.
· Have a sustainable CRB that effects meaningful change/reform when needed that addresses relevant/current issues
· Create a set of training curriculum to address implicit bias, mental health issues, disability rights/needs, etc. that is presented regularly to officers.
· Create a set of DEI curriculum for CUSD